By any chance did you also figure out how to adjust
the brightness and/or contrast?

Actually, I think adding a laptop brightness setting
in control panel would be a nice touch for some future
release.

My Sony Vaio laptop FXA59 is stuck at full brightness,
which kills the battery quickly. The F5 key did it via
software in WindowsXP when I brought the machine. But
of course XP is not on the machine anymore :)

Regards - Jim Connor