On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 23:08, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Todd Lyons wrote on Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:57:02PM -0700 :

> > > There is only one machine on this network... I doubt there's been a name
> > > lookup ;)
> > :)  Good point!  I suggest that you post your smb.conf.  There might be
>
> I'm such a dummy sometimes.  You have wins support turned on.  If you
> turn it off, you'll see that it will only spawn one nmbd.

OK fair enough but then there's a problem with "service smb stop" that
cannot handle this 2nd nmbd process correctly.

# service smb start
Starting SMB services:               [OK]
Starting NMB services:               [OK]

# service smb status
smbd (pid 4094) is running...
nmbd (pid 4105) is running...
4104 (pid ) is running...

# service smb stop
Shutting down SMB services:                               [OK]
Shutting down NMB services: /etc/init.d/smb: line 253: kill: (4105) No
such process

# service smb status
smbd is stopped
nmbd (pid 4180) is running...