Op Saturday 05 October 2002 22:09, schreef Michael Holt:
> Why all the bad words about nvidia?  I'm using their drivers for my
> GeForce3 card and it works great - no problem at all setting it up or
> using it.  I love my q3a and rtcw (3d games) - which both work without a
> hitch.  Is there something better out there?  Let me know, eh?

Hm, I never said anything bad about their drivers (I'm the OP), I just noted
that an update from 8.2 with those drivers to 9.0 without those drivers
(download-edition) failed because of them. After installing the
nvidia-drivers, all went well.

But I know how to install them. Most desktop-people who just want a working
system, even after an upgrade, don't know...

--
Regards,
Tim Stoop

PGP public key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Random quote/fortune:
[A computer is] like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy.
-- Joseph Campbell