Am Sonntag, 6. Oktober 2002 17:54 schrieb Igor Izyumin:
> On Sunday 06 October 2002 10:39 am, Malte Starostik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to build the lirc_serial module from the lirc sources, which uses
> > the kernel source tree's build system to build the module. Unfortunately
> > it requires /usr/src/linuc/scripts/split-includes, which was only present
> > (clean Dolphin install) in source form, so the Makefile wanted to compile
> > split-includes.c which of course failed since I wasn't building as root.
> > Are there any plans to include compiled versions of anything in
> > /usr/src/linux/scripts/ in a future kernel-sources RPM?
>
> Aren't they supposed to be kernel _sources_?
Right, so maybe another package "kernel_devel"?

> Also, what's wrong with su'ing to root and compiling what you need?
Well, suppose you want to build an RPM that includes one or more kernel
modules. As it is now you can only build the complete RPM as root, or you
need to scan through the error output and then manually build those things in
the kernel tree. IMHO these binaries should be provided in some devel
package, although I agree kernel_sources itself might not be the optimal
candidate.
-Malte