Don't do that. I had one bad incident (stepped in the power cable) and
the _complete_ reiserfs partition was unusable, after multiple attempts
at recovery I had lost much more time to recover a few unimportant files
than if I had went straight to a new installation (fortunately the box
didn't contain any really important stuff). I had quite some "accidents"
with ext2 due to experimenting with hardware and using a known broken
mobo etc. but they were never that bad and I've yet to see data loss
with ext3.

>After all, ext3 is just ext2 with a journal strapped-on. ReiserFS is a
>new vision to filesystem design. And it is faster.
>
>If they just used the defaults, they'd probably be disappointed with
>Linux "because it it slower than my Windows". Yes, ext2 and ext3 are
>slower than FAT16/32.
I beg to differ. My very same box with Linux is _so_ much faster at file
access than Windows with FAT, regardless of whether I'm using reiser,
ext2 or ext3 under Linux. You'll notice when repeatedly accessing the
same files. Win98 just does such a bad job at caching.
-Malte