Stephen Reilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>Need some help updating over mandrake control center. When I add my
>closest mirror, Paris, I have no issues downloading the
>synthesis.hdlist*.cz files. The problem lies in when I go to download a
>file from the synthesis.hdlist2.cz list. urpmi basically tels me it
>cannot resolve the host. any sugestions?

I'm not sure if this is related, but it doesn't show new packages after I setup a
"Update" mirror.

I have some other problems with RpmDrake:
1. Why isn't setting up other mirror types automated too.
2. [Wish/debug] Include a <mirror:last updated> entry. Users can remove "dead" mirrors
inorder to cut down on update time.
3. [Usability] During updating sources, show site current so users know that the
RpmDrake is "working". Its slso useful because it shows how long it takes to read each
site. It might even be worth it to add a "skip" button. The user can then move to the
next mirror on the list.
4. [Annoyance] The default mirror should be <hostname-mirror type]. This would prevent
list of mirrors with a meaningless name.

I do have to say RpmDrake is definitly improving.