[EMAIL PROTECTED] (François Pons) wrote:

>Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> > 3. [Usability] During updating sources, show site current so
>> > users know that the RpmDrake is "working". Its slso useful
>> > because it shows how long it takes to read each site. It might
>> > even be worth it to add a "skip" button. The user can then move
>> > to the next mirror on the list.
>>
>> Well they all get updated at the same time and we're in the urpmi
>> API at that time. I don't know if adding a callback for that in
>> the urpmi API would be worth the trouble as well. Francois,
>> what's your idea?
>
>Is is planed to do something like multiple download at the same time and
>fallback to other mirror automatically, this could hurt such behaviour.
>
>But displaying all mirrors used at a time could help.
>
>François.

I like the mirror fallback behavior and the progress bar someone mentioned would be
great improvements. There should still a way to kill the whole package update process.
This is need because on either slow machines/connections someone might be able to wait
for it to finish. Now that I think of it "skipping" would not have worked for that
purpose  away.