On Monday 14 October 2002 14:33, Palmer, Hilary wrote:
> I loaded 9.0 on my system at home, but I noticed if I start copying a lot
> of data off of a CD, SuperMount seems to drop the CD.  It will say that it
> doesn't have access to any of the files after the few that are copied.
> Then I need to eject and reinsert the CD to see anything on it again.
>
> If I do not use the SuperMount feature and mount the CD-ROM manually it
> works fine.

Yes, supermount is knackered (f*cked) in 9.0. Hopefully we will soon have a new kernel
rpm with the offending patches removed/fixed.

You can use autofs to cahieve a similar effect, but the default 60 second timeout is
too long, also pressing the eject button does not work unless autofs has already
unmounted the media.

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Hil
>

>       ********************Confidentiality  Notice********************
>
> This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
> whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email message,
> including any attachment, is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
> of the original message.   Thank you.

The information contained in this message is confidential and
is intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received
this message in error or there are any problems please notify
the originator immediately.  The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. This
message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses.
Orbiscom Ltd. will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents
of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

www.Orbiscom.com