Jose Antonio Becerra Permuy wrote on Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 09:00:19PM +0200 :
> El Dom 13 Oct 2002 20:22, David Walluck escribi?:
> > Beware of using XFS on your root partition. I have done this, and
> > Mandrake tools do not properly load the XFS module so that you can
> > access your root partition if you build your own kernel.
>       I have been using XFS in the root partition with 8.2 (and now with 9.0)
> without problems. May be your initrd file has not the necessary modules?

Agreed, I too have put XFS as the root partition and the mandrake
install-kernel script puts the correct modules into the initrd so that
the root fs can be mounted, no matter what its fstype.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because