On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Claudio wrote:

> To be exact, even root cannot see the right quota for a user on ext3
> filesystem. The files aquota.* are never up-to-date if root does not run
> quotacheck. The only thing that really suggest you are out of quota is the
> message "disk quota exceeded" while you're working. In my opinion, it
> means that quota does NOT work on ext3. ;-)
>

>From the Quota HowTo:

Quotacheck is used to scan a file system for disk usages, and updates the
quota record file "aquota.user" to the most recent state. I recommend
running quotacheck at system bootup, and via cronjob periodically (say,
every week?).

To me this implies that things are working as designed.  Whether or not
that is your desired behavior is another question, but in testing it I
didn't set out to redesign the quota system, simply to verify that it was
working.

Stew Benedict

--
MandrakeSoft