On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 12:01 PM, Todd Lyons wrote:

>>> I am running Mandrake 9.0 with Xchat (1.8.9). I have it both on my
>>> Dell
>>> Anyway... when running xchat (under Gnome 2) if I open an
>>> gnome-terminal, su -, and do an rpm -Uhv or a urpmi --auto, xchat
>>> core
>>> dumps. It has done it on both platforms. If anyone can duplicate
>>> this,
>> I can verify this.  Happens to me also.  I also find that
>> gnome-terminal gobbles up a lot of CPU (and as a result, so does X),
>> so
>
> FWIW, I run Xchat under IceWM and this has never happened to me.  Are
> there any other programs besides Xchat that core when you do the other
> things in a Gnome term?

Not that I've noticed... galeon runs and never skips a beat, same with
gkrellm.  vmware, no problem.  Those are about the only apps I have
open regularly.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx - source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"