I transferred a bunch of Poscript figures from my older machines to a new 9.0
installation yesterday and found that all of the figures I have created with
GNU plotutils over the last couple of years produce errors from the
Ghostscript that is provided with MDK9.0 (and they cannot be displayed, of
course).

Here is what I have done to confirm this is a problem with the Ghostscript
provided with MDK9.0:
(1) Verified these files display fine under the Ghostscripts provided with
MDK 8.1 and 8.2.
(2) Confirmed this problem on a 2nd fresh 9.0 installation.
(3) Files print properly when sent directly to 2 Postscript printers.
(4) Downloaded and compiled the latest stable AFPL ghostscript (7.04).  It
has no trouble with any of these files.

Thus, it seems almost certain that the ghostscript provided with MDK9.0 is
buggy.  I am somewhat unsure what ghostscript MDK is shipping.  The
ghostscript sites (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/) have two branches: AFPL and
GNU.  The MDK9.0 version identifies itself as "ESP Ghostscript 7.05" when it
runs.  Since this is the version number of the GNU version, I assume that is
what it is.  Don't know why it is identified as ESP Ghostscript, though.  I
have not tried to download the GNU Ghostscript 7.05 and test it.

This is a rather serious problem given the importance of ghostscript.
It means that I cannot migrate my 8.x machines to 9.0 without a fix.
I am open to any suggestions on the best way to replace the MDK9.0 version
with the AFPL version.

If you want an example file to test, email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Norm