On Friday 18 October 2002 04:48 pm, Austin Acton wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 17:27, Igor Izyumin wrote:
> > I used to have this problem a LONG time ago, back when Linux used LPD
> > (ugh!). It's probably the driver somehow getting stuck on the end of the
> > first page. You might want to try installing Turboprint (commercial) or
> > some other driver.
> > --
> > -- Igor
>
> Hmm, that's what I thought, because it NEVER happens with my epson
> printer.  But I was under the impression that the gdi (samsung) drivers
> were very good.  In fact I bought the printer because it said "RedHat
> Compatible" on the box.  :-)
> Austin

I don't know then.  You might want to turn on the debug option for cups and
look in /var/log/cups/page_log and /var/log/cups/error_log to see any errors.

By the way, on a slightly related note, does anyone know why Windows XP
doesn't print to CUPS that comes with 9.0?  It used to work ok on 8.2 once I
enabled raw printing support; it doesn't work on 9.0.  The web page shows the
print job as 'cancelled'.  If I print the job manually (lpr -o raw file) it
works fine.  Any ideas?
--
-- Igor