On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 09:17 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

[Contrib-RPM]

--=-=-=
Name : MHonArc Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version : 2.5.13 Vendor: MandrakeSoft
Release : 1mdk Build Date: Tue Oct 22 13:00:29 2002

--=-=-=

* Tue Oct 22 2002 Lenny Cartier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2.5.13-1mdk

- 2.5.13
This includes a security update.  Will the updated RPM be copied to
updates as well for those that have it installed?  I understand it's a
Contrib-RPM, but why not put it in updates as well?  Only those who
installed the Contrib-RPM will be affected by it being in updates.
No way. If we start doing it for this one just as a "why not" then there is a future expectation to do it all the time. Policy is no updates for contribs, and that means *nothing*.

Besides, how difficult is it to grab the mhonarc srpm and rebuild it on whatever platform you want? Probably not too hard...

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx - source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"