On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 02:21, Quel Qun wrote:

> > acpid starts OK for me.
> >
> Are you sure?
>
> No error in /var/log/messages? Do you have any rule set in
> /etc/acpi/events? How are these rules generated?

Ah, I see - I didn't check for error messages, I assumed your report
meant acpid wouldn't start at all. Lemme check messages...

Nope, don't seem to have error messages for acpid from when I had acpi
enabled. I now have acpi disabled and it's still trying to start up,
which obviously gives errors, but it seems to have started up
successfully when I had acpi enabled. I have no /etc/acpi directory.
Odd...

> Also, why can't I cat /proc/acpi/events? Is it because of the
> pci=noacpi?
> =o=
> kk1

No idea on this one, unless you're trying to do it as a normal user (you
have to be root). Any experts?
--
adamw