On 26 Oct 2002 23:28:36 +0200
Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've changed "ls -l" of the rootdev to "ls -lH" so that it
> follows the link in devfs, any chance this could fail on your
> system? What happens when you "ls -lH" your rootdev? Also, doing
> mkinitrd -v would help us greatly to see what's failing when
> creating the initrd.

[root@localhost charles]# mkinitrd -v  /boot/initrd-2.4.19-17mdk.img
2.4.19-17mdk
Using modules:  ./kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.o
Using /var/tmp as temporary directory.
/sbin/nash -> /var/tmp/initrd.yrQmWS/bin/nash
/sbin/insmod-DIET -> /var/tmp/initrd.yrQmWS/bin/insmod
Contents of RCFILE:
#!/bin/nash

echo "Loading reiserfs module"
insmod /lib/reiserfs.o
echo Mounting /proc filesystem
mount -t proc /proc /proc
echo Creating root device
mkrootdev /dev/root
echo 0x0100 > /proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev
umount /proc
echo Mounting root filesystem with flags notail
mount --ro -t reiserfs
auto /dev/root /sysroot notail
pivot_root /sysroot /sysroot/initrd
echo Remounting devfs at correct place if necessary
handledevfs
Creating filesystem with size 404KB and 43 inodes
mke2fs 1.27ea (14-Mar-2002)

[root@localhost charles]# ls -lH /dev/root
brwx------    1 root     root       3,   5 Oct 25 12:41 /dev/root

ls -l /proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Oct 27 08:01
/proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev

    Charles

It's been a business doing pleasure with you.
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]