You are right, a poll would be nice. No matter which one Mandrake will choose at the end, it must be (1) the one the most users want, and (2) apply the same to gnome to have a little uniformity between desktops.

From: Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] Re: [CHRPM] kdelibs-3.1-0.beta2.11mdk
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:21:12 -0800

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:57:21AM -0800, David Walser wrote:
> Well, that's certainly true.  So let's abstract it
> from any of our users personally.  I have this to say.
>
> Single click is superior because:
> less work, RSI, more consistency, more uniformity,
> less mistakes, more accesssibility
>
> Reason this discussion is important beyond me and Ben:
> It affects the default settings that all Mandrake
> users get, and we're interested in Mandrake being the
> best distro it can be (out of the box).

Well my experience is from seing lots of people ask me how to change it.
I don't think there is an objective answer to which one is better.  It's
a matter of personal preference.  Which one is the default should
correspond with the majority of the users.  Perhaps we need a club poll
to determine this.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols
Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp