I have a HP Deskjet 820cse, and the driver seems to be broken on mdk 9.0,
running a smp kernel.

The printer test page when using drakconf and cups to set it up, loads halfway
into the machine where the print head alignes with the top of the paper then
it just sits there the light blinking (means recieving print job) and never
prints.   the testprint job just sits there in the cups print que: Processing
Since XXX I have tried setting the printer port to standard, ecp, epp, spp
and all other options in the bios and the error appears to be the same.  It
never starts putting the ink to paper.

Had no problem in version 8 through 8.2, seems to me to be a driver issue.