Can you try the following command lines (second one as root):

cat /usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps | gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER -dBATCH\
-r600 -sDEVICE=ppmraw -sPAPERSIZE=letter -sOutputFile=- - | pnm2ppa -v \
820 -f /etc/pnm2ppa.conf  -B 2 -t 10 -b 150 -l 10 -r 10 -x 160 -y 50 -i\
- -o - > testfile

cat testfile > /dev/lp0

Do you get any error messages? Do you get a complete page?

   Till