On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:17:51 +0200 (SAST)
 Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I hope you are not building as root (bad idea in general), and it's a bad
idea to encourage others to do so, so maybe when referring to rpm
directories, you can refer to them by their macro name:
No, I gave my regular userid write access to the /usr/src/RPM tree, because /usr is the only place on my Cooker box where I have enough free disk space to build something the size of Qt. :)

I didn't know about rpm --eval, so I've learned yet another new thing today. I'll try to remember that next time, although I must admit that I don't often have anything to contribute....

--
Brian Smith