Frederic Crozat wrote:
On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 19:14:26 +0100, Michal Bukovjan wrote:

--------------060507000509020003000804

Michal Bukovjan wrote:

Looks like it needs a recompile?

Upon startup it behaves funny, then gives up. (Tries to display a window for every desktop icon, displays for a second, then closes the windows, and exits).

Here is what I get when trying manually:

[michal@bladerunner michal]$ nautilus

** (nautilus:8362): WARNING **: desktop: uri not available, fallback to file:

nautilus: relocation error: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.0.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-gif.so: undefined symbol: CHECK_LZWP_SP

Also, looks like there is a missing dependency on fontconfig somewhere (gtk will not work without that - found it the hard way).

I upgraded the gtk+2.0 to latest Cooker version (-3mdk), the problem persists, the error message above (undefined symbol) does not appear anymore.

I narrowed the problem somewhat further - the problem is not in Nautilus, but in pixbuf handling of gif images. (not sure if it is a fault of gdk-pixbuf or gtk+).

You need to upgrade also libgdk_pixbuf2.0_0* to 2.0.7-3mdk too
(libgdk_pixbuf2.0_0 is a part of GTK+2.0)...

I've checked your GIF file and it is now displayed correctly in both
nautilus and EOG..
OK, looks like the mirror I pull from did not sync all packages.

Upgraded now and confirmed fixed.

Now let's see about the Metacity problem... (will report later).

Michal