On Tue Nov 12 23:02 -0500, Michael Scherer wrote:
> I mean, apt-get dist-upgrade ( which seems to be the same as apt-get upgrade
> ). Something to update the whole distribution at once, woithout shutting it
> down
>
> I found this after searching 30 minutes on the web :
>
> urpmi.update -a
> urpmi --auto-select
>
> If this work flawlessly, why is it not advertised more ?
>
> I didn't found any mention of this on Mandrake web site, and I think this is
> worth a first page...

You're preaching to the choir.  I've always been mystified that Mandrake
doesn't tout urpmi more than it does.  It's amazing how many Debian
users I've encountered who think that Debian is the only distro with
that functionality.  *I* didn't even find out about it until I mentioned
that the only thing urpmi couldn't do was do a distribution upgrade on
Slashdot and one of the Mandrake developers corrected me (I think it was
Chmouel...).

--
Levi Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Love lies in pools of questions.

GPG Key Fingerprint: 354C 7A02 77C5 9EE7 8538  4E8D DCD9 B4B0 DC35 67CD
Currently playing:  Megadeth - Insomnia
Linux 2.4.19-16mdk
 23:20:00  up 5 days, 23:21,  7 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.58, 0.67