Hi all,

I am getting failure on dlopen with dlerror message as 'undefined symbol:
__dso_handle'. Following is my system configuration on top of MDK 9.0 These
are upgraded packages from cooker today. Besides I have binutils 2.13.1
installed from sources which appear first in path(/usr/local/bin)

[shridhar@daithan shridhar]$ rpm -qa |grep -i glibc
glibc-devel-2.2.5-19mdk
glibc-2.2.5-19mdk
[shridhar@daithan shridhar]$ rpm -qa |grep -i gcc
gcc-cpp-3.2-3mdk
gcc-3.2-3mdk
libgcc1-3.2-3mdk
gcc-c++-3.2-3mdk
[shridhar@daithan shridhar]$ rpm -qa |grep -i binutils
binutils-2.12.90.0.15-4mdk
libbinutils2-2.12.90.0.15-4mdk
[shridhar@daithan shridhar]$

I have found that this is something to do with .hidden directive and
linker/assembler. Only thing I have not done is compiling gcc by hand.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any solution? Code used to work
fine on MDK 8.2. Besides I do not get this failure for all libraries. Some
simple libraries gets loaded but C++ libraries have some problems. Though
that's may not be the exact pattern for errors. Just an observation..

TIA..

 Shridhar