On 14 Nov 2002 at 16:19, Mark Scott wrote:
> I found that removing -nostdlib from my library link options solved the
> problem (not fully tested them so there may be other gremlims lurking
> from removal of -nostdlib).

I don't remember having that option for linker. So in my case this is not an
option.

> On some libraries I could get away with just removing an unnecessary
> inclusion of <iostream> from the source, removing the need for the
> library to want __dso_handle. This might be why the simple libraries load.

Hmm.. If iostream is causing problem, then I can have a relook at code and
remove it if not required. But that is workaround at the best and not a
solution. I can not ask people not to use iostream in their library just
because my server application won't tolerate that..

Besides I tried linking /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 to /usr/lib/libstdc++.so. No
luck..

Do you think rebuilidng libstdc++ would help? What option do I need to tweak..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Wit, n.:        The salt with which the American Humorist spoils his cookery    ... by
leaving it out.         -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"