On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 07:31:24PM -0500, Quel Qun wrote:

> Take it easy, buddy.

I am just tired of going to the effort to do the bugzilla thing and
nobody following up (to vote), but rather just posting a message here.
If nobody is going to actually vote for any bugs posted to bugzilla,
but instead is just going to complain here, I am going to stop filing
bugzilla bugs and just complain here too.  Does this sound like a good
plan to get the whole bugzilla thing off the ground?

> First you removed why I wrote this message: my question. I know
> some other people reported the problem, but since there is
> obviously no change, I was asking what we can do to help find the
> real cause.

Vote for bugs to get the attention of the responsible person!  That is
the whole point of the process (AFAIU).

> I just find it weird that the keys only stop working
> after some time.

Num-lock seems to be the issue, but it is not the complete issue.
HOME/END don't work in mutt in gnome-terminal 2.1 even with NUM-LOCK
off.

> Second, it seems that we can only vote for one bug at a time. If
> I try to vote for two different bugs I receive a crappy error
> message.

Agreed.  I got this error today as well.  This had better be an error
or the system will fail.  There cannot be only one bug at a time that
any one person can vote for.  That is just silly.

> Additionally, the pages take far too long to load.

You don't have to use the web-pages!  There is a
"reply-by-email" interface that allows you to vote among other things.

> When
> a problem is confirmed, that should be enough.

It takes votes (or somebody with privilleges) to move a problem from
unconfirmed to confirmed.  That is why people need to vote.

> If the number of
> votes creates a hierachy, I will create 100 accounts and vote for
> my own reports.

Well, yeah you could do that.  Or everybody really interested in
having the bugs that affect them just vote and the really bad bugs
that affect the most people will bubble to the top and all other bugs
will find their rightful place below.

> Let's not start a war, ok?

I am not trying to.  I am trying to get people to give the process a
chance.  That will only happen if people actually try to use it.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell