On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 10:35, Warly wrote:
> Sander Jonkers aka Surfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

<snip>

> > Whoa, that's interesting: there is NO mixup of test_ipv6 and
ipv6_test
> > anymore (which is good), BUT all has 'migrated' to the old style
> > 'test_ipv6' instead of to the new style 'ipv6_test' (introduced by
> > Bieringer since November 2001).
> > Is this what you wanted to do?
>
> Yes, that is what I wanted to do.
>
> > If so, why are you avoiding Bieringer's > new style?
>
> We based our initscripts on redhat one, to keep good compatibility,
> and try not to break everything which make the merge impossible.

I don't know if I understand you correctly, but I checked and RedHat
8.0's initscripts-6.95-1.i386.rpm has scripts based on the NEW style
Bieringer files. Proof:

Old style (non existing):
[sander@flappie90 network-scripts]$ grep "test_ipv6 " * |wc
      0       0       0

New Style:
[sander@flappie90 network-scripts]$ grep "ipv6_test " * |wc
     30     165    1481

> If needed I will used new Bieringer files.

I think it's much more handy to go 1) with Bieringer and 2) with RedHat,
and thus migrate to the new style ipv6_test/ipv6_*.

Sander