--- Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Walser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I noticed that if http_proxy is set (via
> > /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh) rpmdrake will use it.
> That's
> > pretty neat.  I'm wondering if it maybe makes
> sense to
> > have the Software Sources Manager show that it's
> using
> > the proxy.  That's not why I'm writing though.
> I'm
>
> in the sources editor, the "proxy" button shows that
> configuration.

It didn't when I looked.  It looked as if rpmdrake
wasn't configured to use a proxy.

> > writing, because if the location it's downloading
> from
> > is the same as the proxy, it should not use the
> proxy,
> > as that sometimes plain doesn't work.
>
> that's curl's job I suppose..

No.  Plus you'd have to do it upstream in wget too.
Anyway, Unix tools in general let you do stupid things
if you really want, including downloading from a host
through a proxy on that host, even if that doesn't
work.  With rpmdrake though, it's kind of doing a
stupid thing for you w/out you explicitly asking it
to, as it's picking up that http_proxy variable.
rpmdrake should check for this.