Olivier Thauvin wrote:
> Le Mercredi 8 Janvier 2003 09:49, François Pons a écrit :
>
>>Le mer 08/01/2003 à 04:27, Olivier Thauvin a écrit :
>>
>>>Ok, this is stupid, but some beginners will do it one days:
>>>
>>>[olivier@andromede olivier]$ urpme urpmi
>>>Pour satisfaire les dépendances, les paquetages suivants vont être
>>>désinstallés (30 Mo):
>>>[snip]
>>>Est-ce correct ? (O/n) o
>>>[olivier@andromede olivier]$ urpmi
>>>sudo: /usr/sbin/urpmi: command not found
>>>[olivier@andromede olivier]$
>

>>Well what do you think about rpm -rf /, do you want additional
>>confirmation ?
>

> What do this command, rpm -fr / ???? ;)))

I think fp meant rm -fr /

>>urpme urpmi will say urpmi will be deleted, the same for another urpme
>>XXX wich will include urpmi on the list of package to remove. But
>>anyway, urpmi will be listed to be removed, if someone don't read or
>>don't understand what he is reading, he should not even have tried urpmi
>>but should be using rpmdrake.
>>
>>Does anybody else have though on this ?
>>
>>François.
>

> Ok for interactive mode, but with --auto, do you how many time on
cooker-ppc
> we had to reinstall it manually because urpmi was not not up to day with
> perl? My script do a sudo urpmi bla bla to rebuild... see rpmrebuilder !

Related to my ldap mail regarding urpmi (require or conflict certain
packages for ldap machine accounts), how about just doing this with a
file, so that if any urpmi operation in --auto tries to remove a
required rpm or install a conflicted rpm, that package will be dropped.

/etc/urpmi/deps.list:
Requires:       urpmi
Conflicts:      apt
(for instance)

Would hopefully ensure that you will never lose urpmi, and never be able
to install apt, except by confirming it when interactive.

LDAP-enabling this in urpmi would be even cooler ...

Buchan

- --