Hello List!
        Here is a minor problem with gpm that I have been living
with for quite some time (always??)  When switching from X to a
virtual console, I often encounter a badly behaving mouse, typically
requiring the following to get it straightened out.  The mouse that
I use is a Radio Shack branded trackball with three buttons and two
scroll-wheels.  It works excellently in X, and, when gpm's imps2
driver loads without complaining, it works perfectly on the virtual
terminals as well.

[chas@megalodon chas]$ *** err [mice.c(1864)]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed init
*** err [mice.c(1864)]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed init

[chas@megalodon chas]$ su -c "service gpm restart"
Password:
Shutting down console mouse services:                           [FAILED]
Starting console mouse services: *** err [mice.c(1892)]: imps2: Auto-detected unknown
mouse type 250, assuming standard PS/2
*** err [mice.c(1892)]: imps2: Auto-detected unknown mouse type 250, assuming standard
PS/2
                                                                [  OK  ]
[chas@megalodon chas]$ su -c "service gpm restart"
Password:
Shutting down console mouse services:                           [  OK  ]
Starting console mouse services:                                [  OK  ]
[chas@megalodon chas]$

--Charles S.