--- "R.I.P. Deaddog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2003-01-15(Wed) 10:57:06 -0800, David Walser
> wrote:
> > > That means you need to make Geramik cope with
> > > people's
> > > change in behavoir.
> >
> > Still doesn't make sense.  I'll agree with one
> point
> > you've made...if there were a way to have it
> install
> > itself by default, but only activate for users
> that
> > are in KDE (kind of like .gtkrc-kde), that would
> be
> > better.
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
> The simplest way I can think of is:
>
> Requires: kdebase
> Conflicts: gnome-desktop gnome-session

So you obviously didn't understand what I was saying
at all.  Let me elaborate.

A user's gtk configuration is stored in a file called
.gtkrc in their home directory.  There can also be a
file called .gtkrc-kde that will contain Gtk+ settings
that will only take effect if the user is logged into
KDE.

If there is a system-wide analog of this, it would
make the most sense.

> Your arguments still failed to convince me, so this
> is the most I can help.

I thought I was pretty clear at explaining what
Geramik is.  Beyond that, the things I've been saying
should become obvious.