> no, it's more of a frontend than a configuration program. Let it have
> its own menu entry and when the user starts it and then a winexe through
> it, wine-config will run. Ah, I see, the user might be tempted to
> configure wine before running an exe. Hmm, have to think about this.
ok, but using it as a frontend sounds ok to me. Configure wine can be a
menu entry added by the xwine package?

> it's not Thierry's name that's in the changelog. Guess HA Quôc-Viêt
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> got impatient.
titi is maintainer and responsible :P

> maybe I'm seeing probs where there aren't any but this
Let me see if I understand you:
- registry changes are always written to home dir
- if the installed win program is in global dir, some users miss
reg entries if using a program not installed by them
- if writing reg to globaldir=realwindir you can corrupt your realwindir,
and therefore windows.

Solution: 1) write config to globaldir!=windir. If this is possible.
        2) change wine script to copy a fakeglobalreg from
/var/lib/wine/globalreg to userhome dir at start. And copy the,
potentially changed userreg to /var/lib/globalreg at exit.

Ofcourse, both options are insecure. And user1 can screw user2's setup.
But in windows it is the same.

Danny