Pixel wrote:

"John Danielson, II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

The commented line is what I had to pull to get the machine to boot past an
ext2 fsck that said it could not find a superblock when I tried to boot the
machine into Linux.
[...]
I was trying to use Diskdrake from the GUI when this happened, as any newbie
would.

so, as far as i understand, the bug is:

when creating a partition on a live system with
diskdrake, it writes the partition table, it
writes the fstab, *but* it doesn't manage to
format the partition because it wants to reboot
first.

is that it?

if that's the pb, I thought it was fixed, *unless* you did resize a
partition first.

Write part table as Ext2Fs when Ext3FS type chosen.
Fails to format-- errors and says it has to do so after reboot.
Then wants to write fstab anyway.

No resize. No extended part table anything else can recognize of common available tools a newbie would have handy.

NOT FIXED!

John.