Hi.

On Mon 2003-01-20 at 13:33:25 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Vox wrote:
> >  It's not lines...the cursor and its shadow are semi-translucent, so
> >  you see what's behind through some parts of them.
> >
> No, no
> Whatever is behind the cursor (even full black screen) I see a line,
> always at the same place in the cursor.

I can see it, too. AFAICT, it's the border of the shadow. Both parts,
the cursor itself and the shadow have their own transparency.
Therefore, the left part of the cursor (without the shadow) is more
transparent then the right part (where cursor and shadow overlay):
Hold it over some colored, plain part of the screen and you will see
what I mean - the left part lets through a fraction more of the color
than the right part.

And the transition line between those two parts appears like a line.

Regarding the grandparent post: X ships with a cursor set without
shadows called handhelds (see /usr/lib/X11/icons). As has been already
mentioned several times on this list, you can change the default by
changing default/index.theme accordingly.

Regards,

        Benjamin.