On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 13:21, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Tuesday January 21 2003 04:19 am, Yves Duret wrote:
> > Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Er...
> > >
> > > if you're watching in a window, put the cursor somewhere else.
> >
> > of course..
> >
> > > If you're watching in a full screen, the cursor ought to
> > > auto-hide itself if it's not moved for about ten seconds. Or,
> > > just stick it at the bottom-right hand corner of the screen,
> > > where it's completely invisible.
> >
> > but you want to pullop the right click menu some time.
> > and when you launch the video, most of time your cursor is upon
> > it...
>
>   unclutter-0.8-2mdk     cursor diappears after ~5 seconds, reappears
> when you move the mouse.  I run it from a script in ~/Autostart
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/kstart /usr/X11R6/bin/unclutter

Um, this seems to happen on my desktop anyway, no need for that program.
(I'm not sure if GNOME or Xine does it, but someone does :>). From what
Yves wrote I get the impression the same thing happens for him, but he's
still annoyed by the five seconds of ugly cursor when you activate it to
use a menu. Sensitive fellow :)
--
adamw