Hi.

> > > you mean 9.1 will NOT have mc???!
> >
> > I kind of agree with you, but we also have to look at the reality of the
> > situation.  Anybody who knows enough and is comfortable enough using a
> > commandline browser like mc will easily be able to:
> >   urpmi.addmedia 91Main ftp://blah.blah.blah
> >   urpmi --media 91Main mc

Well, i know that installing it from an external source is always an
option, but c'mon, Mandrake is a self-proclaimed "all around distro,
able to perform as a workstation or server as well".. or so i've read
multiple times. Taking this into consideration, including mc and having CLI
versions of the *drak* tools go hand in hand.

> > Most of the people who are using Mandrake (and _not_ most of us) use
> > Konqueror or Nautilus for their file browsing.  Those are the ones that
> > (I guess) need to be accomodated.

I agree, i use konq 50% of the time as well, but i don't feel that's reason
enough to take away the CLI filemanager which has it all (double pane views,
network transparency (ftp client, etc) VFS (being able to navigate into
archive files as if they were directories --konq is not as good as mc in
this respect yet... ) integrated shell, text editor, hex editor...)

Umm.. and what's the size of the mc package?

Damian