On Sun Jan 26, 2003 at 12:32:09AM +0100, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:

> > Who said we were going to?  I suppose ia64 and x64 are likely, but
> > alpha and sparc?  Those I sincerely doubt.
> >
> > I also don't see why we would want them to begin with.  How many
> > desktop users do you know that use an alpha or sparc at home on their
> > desktop?  =)
>
> Me :-)
>
> Okay, more precisely: not yet, but I am going to. The Alpha is a
> retired server.

Do you plan on resurecting the alpha machine as another server or as a
workstation?

> Hm. Always presumed I find the time, is there anything I can do to
> contribute via this machine? Testing? Recompiling something? Whatever?

That I don't know.  I don't even know how you would bootstrap to begin
the build... that's a little beyond my area of expertise.  =)

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"