On Sun Jan 26, 2003 at 01:27:29PM +0100, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:

> >Who said we were going to?  I suppose ia64 and x64 are likely, but
> >alpha and sparc?  Those I sincerely doubt.
> >
> >I also don't see why we would want them to begin with.  How many
> >desktop users do you know that use an alpha or sparc at home on their
> >desktop?  =)
> >
> >>They'll need to:
> >>1/ automate the building process over multiple platforms
> >>2/ further improve the quality of the rpms (dependancies / provides /
> >>requires)
> >
> >This should be done regardless, even if it's only x86 and PPC.
> >
> I've something running here at the moment, rebuilding alpha + i586 and
> uploading the alpha packages it builds. I'll be happy to set it up for mdk.

Do we have a way to automate rebuilding?  Reliably?

You'd be better off talking to Stew or Gwenole about this... they deal
with the PPC and IA64 archs respectively.  I'm shooting in the dark
here...  I don't deal with the development end of things; just the end
result of a distro already built for updates.  =)

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"