Oden Eriksson wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> I've used courier-imap since 0.20 or something but since I found this new(?)
> imap server a while back it got me curious. Now. I'm a contributer and
> packager for Mandrake Linux, and I know for a fact we are looking for a
> uw-imap drop-in replacement. courier-imap has been in contribs for a while
> now but haven't made it into the maintree, I guess because it's so strange...

What's strange about courier? I have one production server running UW,
which convinced me never to use it in production again, so my other
servers run courier.

The big issue is migrating mail which is in mbox files. That's why my
first prodcution mail server *still* runs UW. And unfortunately that
affects all current Maildir server. Would be nice if there were a
mbox2maildir migration IMAP server ;-).

Also, the KDE kolab project uses cyrus ... so do we want 4 IMAP servers
in the distro?

> I have made Mandrake packages out of bincimap and checkpassword-pam that I
> just was about to insert into the contribs, but then it strucked me..., I
> forgot all about the SSL part... How does this work? It's not documented as
> far as I could see. Until I have sorted this out the packages live here:
> http://d-srv.com/Cooker/

What is the license of checkpassword (being a DJB-soft, is it under a
DJB-ware license)?

Buchan