On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 20:37, Gerard Patel wrote:
> At 08:12 PM 1/27/03 +0000, you (Adam Williamson) wrote:
> >On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 18:53, Gerard Patel wrote:
> >
> >> doing it but Mandrake, your opinion would be certain. But like another
> >> poster said, Evolution is a big app; it is probably not your typical
> >> open source software written by a few enthusiasts; it had some serious
> >> corporate backing from what I understand.
> >
> >See my post re gaim.
>
> I have never used gaim, you see. I urpmi'ed it for you. Launched it.
> Started the Options screen. Hum, where is the 'Close' button ?'
> That's right, out of my screen real estate (at 800x600).
> Nice try, play again.

Well, don't urpmi gaim, cos Mandrake's still using 0.59, and CVS is way
better (0.60) =). You're still sort of right as regards 0.60, though -
it does use a fixed size preferences window. Which is odd, because I was
referring to the contact list, which *does* dynamically include or
remove scrollbars (for instance, with just a few people logged on my
contact list has no scrollbars, but if a bunch more log on and they no
longer fit in the window, I get a vertical scrollbar).
--
adamw