Yes kdm is a part of KDE and guess what. THEY CHANGED IT NOT MANDRAKE! So live
with it. I compiled a couple of the release candidates, betas, and even
alpha's and this change was made from early on. If you'd chosen to compile it
earlier you wouldn't been able to provide some input. But yah didn't no one
complained and it's here to stay. Have a nice day :-D