Le Samedi 1 Février 2003 02:37, Lonnie Borntreger a écrit :
> KDM "branding" can be accomplished with a simple kdmrc change to use a
> Mandrake specific background image along with the Mandrake "star" logo.
> No change needs to be made to KDM itself.

Restart your X server you will see that it is not just a start and a
background but a entirally new DM.
I am not against that but PLEASE, DON'T MODIFY KDM and MAKE A SEPARATE PACKAGE
(drakdm ?)

Modifying a big part of antother project is not a patch but a FORK.
It is very bad and it is against  free software philosophy (IMHO)

> However, a login screen will not make me change distros, but it may
> cause me to change login managers - but that is why I like Linux, if I
> don't like some design decision, I can always make a change myself.

I want too change DM too but they had REPLACE kdm with this HORRIBLE DM with
Mandrake stars everywhere :((