Austin Acton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Good: soundcard/soundsystem choice
> (thanks for that, the linux-audio list will be happier)
> Bad: doesn't work as well as draksound does (yet?)

well, it's the exact same code, the harddrake::sound module is shared
between draksound and drakx.

there's behaviour differences. eg: you don't have modinfo when
installing, so no module description, so empty round brackets (humm,
is should probably hide them when no description is availlable)

> Details: It doesn't explain that the default is the oss driver, and
> that the alternative driver is alsa.

strange since it works in standalone draksound ?

  The alternative driver

> suggested to me just showed up as snd(),

maybe a perl-GTK2 bug or a bad interactive vs ugtk2 behavior

> but when I went to the list of drivers, it was already sitting on
> the right one, snd-cmipci.

ok, i'll look for a sound card to put in my test machine to look after that