On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 17:28, Michael Scherer wrote:
> > Produce a document first?
>
> Right.
> First a name for the document :-)

Well:

a Code of Conduct would be required, outlining how people are to act,
how they are to make decisions, who makes what decisions, etc.

a Code of Standards also: RPM standards, documentation standards, etc.

a Mission statement: I'm sure MandrakeSoft would not accept such a
project (read: loss of control) without very clear guidelines on what
the community is going to do, and how they will interact with the
corporate backing

> If we clone debian, this is useless. But we can try something different.

Oh definitely.  If we wanted debian's OS, we'd be over there working on
it right now, wouldn't we.  The main reason I contribute to Mandrake is
because "I" use it, so I have a vested interest in making it better.

The point is not to become debian.  The point is to learn from their
organizational success.

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant