From: Warly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 12:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] telephone answering machine?

Oden Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I wonder if anyone has fiddled with this in Linux?
>
> I though of dumping the analogue telephone answering machine we use here
at
> work (it sounds like sh1t) and record some vox messages with 100% quality
and
> also try to feed the pause music from a mp3 repository.
>
> Either I find out how to connect the pc to the ISDN switchboard (Siemens
Hicom
> 100) and use plain ISDN signalling if possible with a combined fax4 class
+
> voice cabable ISDN card (preferably cheaper than Dialogic ;)) or what ever
is
> needed, or use a simple voice capable analog modem (easiest).
>
> Are there any softwares out there allready that i should try at first? Any

> hints? Do we have this allready in Mandrake?
>
> I just found http://VOCPsystem.com/, but haven't tried it yet.

I managed to do it with a rtc modem and mgetty-voice, it should not be so
different with isdn.

--
Warly

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email message,
including any attachment, is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message.   Thank you.