> good. There was a lightweight alternative to nautilus the name of which
> now escapes me. Anyway, there are a few mc style GUI apps if people

umm.. file-runner?

> insist on having them.

Maybe change a link in the menus so we have an

Applications -> filemanagers -> Konqueror filemanager

BUT it launches:

 kfmclient openProfile midnightcommander ~/

So, instead of "regular" konq, we would get konq in mc mode... ? There
are already several ways to open up regular konq windows from a KDE
desktop.. (the house icons in kicker and on the desktop, etc) and since
on the networking menu we have openProfile webbrowsing, adding it's
mc mode into the filemanager submenu might be of some use..

Damian
I don't want Windows to be only for the 31173. Yes, we've come a long way from
all those security holes, virii, and cryptic commands like "Edit textfile.txt"
(what in the hell is that supposed to mean?)