On Wednesday 12 February 2003 17:15, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 February 2003 07:01 am, Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
> > Le mer 12/02/2003 à 11:36, Brook Humphrey a écrit :
> > > If like me you have found no other email on the planet that can handle
> > > over 100,000 email's accept for kmail( I really cant say enough good
> > > things about By the way there is one other program but it is under
> > > windows called the bat. Outlook and Outlook express barf at about
> > > 10,000 email's.

Wow my OE crashed at 3500. Eudora bailed out at 7000.

> > > Evolution doe not do well with a large amount of email
> > > either. As we speak my Mail directory takes up 1.1 gig of space. Did I
> > > say how great kmail is.
> >
> > Running Evolution 1.0.8 here, many mailing lists, all split into about
> > 200 subfolders. Even then some folders, like php-bugs, have over 30,000
> > messages. I have *lots* of filters, and I get only 1 or 2 unfiltered
> > SPAM per day.
> >
> > [jmdault@JMLAP jmdault]$ du -s evolution/
> > 1.4G    evolution
> > [jmdault@JMLAP jmdault]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep MHz
> > cpu MHz         : 745.254
> > [jmdault@JMLAP jmdault]$ cat /proc/meminfo |grep MemTotal
> > MemTotal:       255436 kB
> >
> > Jean-Michel
>
> Wow they fixed it since the last time I used it but then you are probably
> the only other person on the face of the planet with as much email. We are
> the email elite. I still wont use evolution though. Thanks for letting me
> know that it works better now though.

*g* no I guess there are more people. I have around 50.000 and kmail handles
it very good. And ermmm I would not call it elite, I would call it messy ;)
since I don't like throw emails away, there could be something in it I need
after throwing it away :D And I found out now how to handle mailinglists
correct in kmail (how to get a list-reply with the "L" Key ;))

--
Regards
Steffen