On 13 Feb 2003 11:24:56 +0100
Frederik Himpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to install Cooker on a Compaq EVO n1020v laptop using
> network.img. The network card is recognised, but it works awfully slow
> (it lasts more than half an hour to download the 13 MB
> mdkinst_stage2.bz2, while it should achieve around 400 KB/s).

This may be unrelated but on my laptop (not a Compaq) download of
stage2 with network install is terribly slow when the Auto-Doze feature
is enabled in bios (CPU/16, timeout 8 sec). I only found it because I
pushed a key on the keyboard which made the progress bar jump. Turning
Doze off for install and it works pretty neat.

- Mark