From: "Juan Quintela" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| --=-=-=
| Name        : kernel-2.4.21.0.pre4.6mdk    Relocations: (not
relocateable)
| Version     : 1                                 Vendor: MandrakeSoft
| Release     : 1mdk                          Build Date: Thu Feb 13
22:01:56 2003
[...]
| - experimental fix for NForce2 motherboards & ACPI (thanks to Andy
|   Grover to explain me ACPI).

This does not work, atleast not for the 3Com network,
and as Quel Qun also stated in message: p46 kernel & nforce2 acpi

I'm also able to reproduce the 3C920 bug [1546] filed earlier,
about  3Com nic hangs when transferred large amount of data...
you can get it back in work with 'sevice network restart', but...

And it does not seem to be any specific amount of data, once I
transferred 180MB before the hang, other times it hangs after
14MB of data...

I'll try to track it down after I have finished up some translations...

And the GRSEC "patch" included in pre4.3mdk, that got lost
in pre4.4mdk and pre4.5mdk is not included in this either...

So here is the diffs that need to be applied, so that they hopefully
will "survive" the next build...

Thomas