On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:01:02 +0100, Danny Tholen wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 19:55, Michal Bukovjan wrote:
>> Frederic Crozat wrote:
>> > On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:22:34 +0100, Michal Bukovjan wrote:
>
>> > You don't use cooker, do you ?
>>
>> I *DO* use cooker. And it is not fixed - try to go to that (any) site in
>> the bug report - http://underground.cz ; the coding is fixed (Mozilla
>> will use iso-8859-2 correctly), but if you manually switch to UTF-8,
>> still the same - mostly empty lines.
>>
> seems Fred is not using cooker ;)

I am..

And I'm almost sure this problem is not the same as the previous one,
since Xrender doesn't care AT ALL of encoding..

>> > I won't integrate hacks from Freetype CVS in our Freetype (except if some
>> > fonts don't load with our Freetype)..
>> >
>> > I don't think Freetype 2.1.4 will be in Mdk 9.1, except if it is released
>> > this week..
>>
>> Now that would be pity - I used the hack for some time, it is very
>> stable and current Cooker rendering just looks mediocre when compared :-(.
>
> It is a pity, generally KDE/GNOME looks OK, but OO.org looks like shit.

Then fix OpenOffice.. :)

>> But it's your decision - I hope someone will release an updated rpm
>> then, so that font rendering is pleasant again.
>
> If they are staying stubborn, I will post a bug fix for freetype2 on all
> mirrors via mandrakeclub, if nobody beats me to it.
>
> Or we can have a vote. Would you be conviced by a vote Frederic?

A vote will NEVER convince me to add something which can break rendering,
so don't lose your time on that.. People can vote whatever they want, if
it means adding instability to part I maintain, I won't follow their
votes.. Just because something is pretty don't mean it should be in..

Is it so hard to understand we can't just add any patches (or new
features) which have not YET been released as stable, just because it
MIGHT enhanced rendering for some people and BREAK rendering for other ??

I'm tired to have to justify myself EACH time !!

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft