Packaging exists to allow modularity. There is no modularity whatsoever with
current Mandrake's packaging of KDE.

It is no news, kdelibs requiring galaxy-kde or the mutual requirement between
kdelibs and kdelibs-common were already against common sense. As of today,
kdelibs requires kdebase (kdelibs requires galaxy-kde, which in turn requires
kwin.so, part of kdebase). Of course, kdebase requires 6 other rpm to be
installed, and I don't know how deep this goes.

This means that if I wish to run a kde application under any other WM, I still
need to install a full blown KDE environment. So long modularity, it was nice
to see you.
=o=
kk1